This guide addresses the problem with Valorant not launching. We’ll investigate the root of the issue and possible workarounds so you may restart the game as soon as possible, if Valorant Not Starting.
- Running Valorant may be impossible if you use virtual machines.
- Run Valorant off of the Windows 10 builds. These incomplete OS versions are not well suited for running games, and problems are frequent. Video drivers do not support Windows 10 builds.
- Ensure that Windows 10 is operating at the most recent version. Verify any modifications to be certain.
- Update your graphics drivers if needed.
How to fix Valorant not opening
Restart your computer and router
Restarting your computer and your network devices is the quickest repair if the game won’t open due to connectivity problems.
Some players said that to resolve this issue, they needed to reset their devices two or three times. Try it out to see if this approach works for you. Otherwise, go on to the next option.
Run Valorant as Administrator
Sometimes, your OS might not provide Valorant all the rights it needs to start up and function as intended. Run the game as administrator to prevent similar problems.
By doing this, you may inform the OS that the game requires full rights and is safe to execute.
Using Valorant as an administrator
- Activate File Explorer.
- Choose This PC
- Open the game files’ location on Local Disk (C:). Alternatively, you can just right-click the Valorant desktop shortcut and choose Properties.
- Under the Compatibility tab, choose the Run as Administrator checkbox.
- After clicking Apply, start the game once more.
Tweak the Environment Variables
- Environment Variables should be entered in the search bar.
- Double-click the first result to launch the application for editing the system environment variables.
- Select Environment Variables from the menu in Windows 10.
- By selecting the New button, a new system variable may be created.
-The variable’s name is OPENSSL ia32cap.
-The variable’s value is 0x200000200000000.
- Restore the modifications.
This new variable instructs OpenSSL to utilize a software implementation of AES-NI rather than the AES-NI instruction set on your CPU.
End Riot and Valorant processes
Try terminating every process connected to RiotClientServices and Valorant in the Task Manager if you’re still having trouble starting Valorant.
- Type “task manager” into the search bar.
- To access the Task Manager, double-click the top result.
- The Riot and Valorant processes may be found under the Processes tab.
- Right-click them and choose “End Task”
- Try starting the game once more to see if it works this time.
Disable unnecessary start up processes
There may be certain software that interferes with Valorant. Disable all startup processes to completely rule out the possibility of it happening.
The steps are as follows:
- To start System Configuration, click the Search button and enter “msconfig”.
- In the text field at the bottom of the menu, enter msconfig.
- to select the Services tab.
- Make sure Microsoft services are hidden.
- Select “Disable All” from the menu.
- Locate vcg and double-check it. For VALORANT, this procedure is necessary. Disabling prevents the game from starting.
- Access the Startup tab.
- Select Disable All.
- Application and computer restart
Clean install Valorant, Riot Vanguard and the Riot Client
- Add or Remove Programs into the search box by clicking it.
- Choose Valorant and Riot Vanguard after finding them, then click “Uninstall.”
- Go to the C:Riot Games folder.
- Delete the Riot Client and Valorant folders. Additionally, empty the Recycle Bin to get rid of all residual software.
- Remove the Riot Games folder in File Explorer by opening it.
- Switch off your computer.
- Download Valorant once again.
- To install it, run it as an administrator and follow the on-screen directions.
Uninstall Gigabyte’s EasyTune and other GPU software
Remove Gigabyte’s EasyTune, App center, and SIV if you are using them. They seem to be interfering with the game at the startup process for some reason.
Remove any comparable programs and utilities from your computer if you have any. Disable GPU-related tools and applications for overclocking as well.
Valorant won’t launch after update
If Valorant doesn’t launch after installing the latest updates, do the following:
- Close the game and disable any Riot Games related tasks in the Task Manager.
- Uninstall Vanguard and Valorant using Add or Remove programs
- Launch Command Prompt as administrator and type in this command:
sc delete vgc
- Hit Enter, and then type this command:
sc delete vgk
- Hit Enter
- Restart your computer and download the game again.
- Restart the computer once more when prompted to re-installing Vanguard.
In coclusion about Valorant Not Starting
Several Valorant gamers confirmed that stopping the PremierOpinion process in the Task Manager solved the issue. This appears to be some form of adware that tracks user activity and disables the executable file for the game.
Launch Task Manager, pick the Processes tab, then use the context menu to select End task when you right-click PremierOpinion and other processes with a similar name. Search for any further questionable tasks and end them altogether.
And here is how you can repair Valorant if it crashes or does not launch properly.
Enjoy the contest!